The staff and Governors at Thornhill Primary School wish all their children and families a happy Easter Holiday. Remember the Government Guidance is to “Stay indoors. Stay safe. Save the NHS.” It is important at this time that you stay indoors with your household families and do not go outside unless it is for:
- Exercise alone or with members of your household
- Shopping for basic necessities
- Any medical need, or providing care for a vulnerable person
- Travel to or from work, but only when you cannot work from home.
It has been lovely to see you and your children collecting food parcels (chilled choice) from our catering service over the last 2 weeks. Please note we are unable to provide hot meals to collect and take home.
This service will continue again for all families in receipt of the FSM benefit each day from Monday 20th April 2020 from the school hall between 12 o’clock and 1 o’clock.
Please ensure that you adhere to the rules on social distancing and keep yourselves and your family at a distance from other families collecting food parcels.
School is closed over the Easter break with the exception of Key Worker families needing our childminding service so we are only open on Tuesday 7th April and Friday 17th April.
The school will remain closed from Monday 20th April to most families, however we are open for vulnerable children and children of key workers. The Government defines vulnerable children as:
- those who have a social worker and those children and young people up to the age of 25 with education, health and care (EHC) plans.
- those who have a social worker include children who have a Child Protection Plan (CP), Child in Need Plan (CIN) and those who are looked after by the Local Authority (LA).
These pupils (when they are in school) receive a hot meal daily from RMBC catering Services and we are able to operate childminding provision for them.
Please note if you are unable to attend school then we must carry out weekly face to face checks.
Take good care of yourselves and your children through this difficult time.
We will continue to keep you informed of any further changes.
From Monday 20th April between 12 o’clock and 1 o’clock new home learning packs will be available for you to collect for your child.